The Discovery Benefits debit card now works with uberPOOL and Lyft Shared
January 26, 2017
Not familiar with uberPOOL or Lyft Shared? These vanpooling services are similar to standard Uber and Lyft rides but they allow you to share the ride (and share the fare) with other drivers headed the same direction.
Using Your Discovery Benefits Debit Card with uberPOOL
If you’re enrolled in commuter benefits, you know you can use pre-tax dollars to pay for vanpooling expenses related to your work commute. If uberPOOL is a part of that commute, use your Discovery Benefits debit card to access your pre-tax funds even faster! Here’s how:
- Open the Uber app and select “Add Payment Method”
- Add your Discovery Benefits debit card as a payment method
- The next time you request an uberPOOL from your app, choose to pay with your benefits debit card
The Discovery Benefits debit card currently works with uberPOOL in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and the state of New Jersey. Your commute just got easier.
Using Your Discovery Benefits Debit Card with Lyft Shared
If Lyft is your rideshare service of choice, you can use your Discovery Benefits card for that, too!
- Open the Lyft app and tap on your photo in the top left corner of the app
- Tap on the "Payment" tab and select "Add credit card"
- Enter your commuter benefits card information and use that payment method the next time you request a Lyft Shared (formerly called Lyft Line)
The Discovery Benefits debit card currently works with Lyft Shared in Miami, Boston, New York and Seattle.
Want to know more about commuter benefits? Learn more here.