How Our Core Values Help Create a Better Benefits Experience
October 12, 2017
Throughout our 30 years in the benefits administration industry, Discovery Benefits has been a driver of change and innovation. And, along the way we’ve made sure the decisions and changes we make are centered around the customers we serve so we can simplify employee benefits and provide the best experience possible.
The foundation of our business is built upon our core values, which serve as the blueprint for where we’ve been and where we’re going. Here’s how those values provide a better benefits experience to those who work with Discovery Benefits.
We value personal contribution and team collaboration, and we work together to provide the best solutions and technology for our customers. Our focus on leadership is why we continue to be a leading third party administrator, proven by us hitting milestones such as being named to Inc. 5000’s list of fastest-growing private companies for five years in a row and being named the fastest-growing HSA administrator in the nation.
We’re transparent with our customers and ourselves. Effective communication strengthens the bond between us and anyone who works with us. And it’s at the center of the tools we offer, including:
- Discovery Answers™, which lets clients search for instant answers to questions within LEAP™ by Discovery Benefits. It also provides a channel for them to submit cases to experts who will provide timely status updates as their cases progress toward completion.
- The Discovery Benefits blog, which regularly provides clients and participants with educational content about benefits plans, our products and our industry.
- Our employee resource center, which contains useful tools and helpful videos that have useful tips and content for our participants. We also have an employer resource center for our clients.
- Our live chat, which is a quick and easy way for participants to receive answers to questions.
Learning opportunities are always available for our employees – and one of the biggest ways we learn is from the feedback provided by our consultants, clients and participants! We strive to obtain feedback in everything we do, which is why we offer:
- Participant phone surveys, to obtain feedback from our participants on the service they receive
- Assisted support surveys, to obtain feedback from our clients on their satisfaction with the service they receive after submitting an online case
- Annual consultant and employer surveys, to obtain feedback from both consultants and employers alike on their overall experience with Discovery Benefits
This feedback helps us continuously learn about the needs and expectations of those we serve, and it’s this data that drives many of the enhancements we invest in.
Honesty and respect are at the core of the Discovery Benefits. We’re accountable for our actions and put processes in place that yield the best results. We always keep an eye on the big picture, but we know how important each little step is along the way. That mentality is at the center of our work and the solutions we provide, such as PlanAhead™, our implementation and renewal process that walks clients through a transparent five-phase process of implementing or renewing their plans with us. Continuous and honest communication takes place throughout the process, with measurable goals set for both ourselves and our clients during each phase.
We take our company culture seriously. We work hard, but our employees also take time to pat each other on the back. We also take time to celebrate our achievements, such as being ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance for eight straight years. One reason we’re able to provide quality customer service from experienced experts is because of this award-winning culture. Happy employees are connected and involved, and employee retention is very important to us. Check out our culture book or watch this video to learn more about our culture.
Wondering what else sets us apart from other third-party administrators out there? Learn more about our company here.