Our Commuter Benefits Expand to Include 14 More Lyft Shared Locations
February 14, 2018
Need a lift to or from work? Ride-sharing apps are growing in popularity. That’s why we’re excited to announce that our Commuter Benefits program has expanded! You can now save money on your work-related commute through ride-sharing service Lyft Shared (formerly called Lyft Line) in 14 additional markets.
This gives you another way to take advantage of a Commuter Benefits plan, which can save you up to 40 percent on your commuting expenses between your home and workplace. We’ve broken down the details of the expansion below.
What locations were added?
The following markets are now eligible to use commuter funds through Lyft Shared: Atlanta, Austin, Chicago, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Portland (Ore.), San Diego, San Francisco, Washington (D.C.), the Silicon Valley and the state of New Jersey. You could already use your commuter funds through Lyft Shared in Boston, Miami, New York City and Seattle.
How does it work?
The Discovery Benefits debit card makes it easy to save when using Lyft Shared! All you need to do is:
- Open the Lyft Shared app and select your photo in the upper-left corner of the app.
- Tap on the “Payment” tab and select “Add credit card.”
- Enter your Discovery Benefits debit card information, and use that payment method the next time you request a Lyft Shared.
What other savings are available in a Commuter Benefits plan?
Just as there are many different ways to get to and from work, there are many expenses you can spend your Commuter Benefits funds on, including:
- Transit and vanpooling expenses, such as train, bus, subway and ferry.
- UberPOOL expenses (in select cities).
- Parking expenses, even at a park-and-ride facility.
For more information about our commuter plan, view our Commuter Benefits page.