Why User Experience Is Important in Benefits Administration
April 18, 2019
Word of mouth is one of the oldest and most effective ways to spread the word about your business. In fact, 97 percent of customers will tell others about very good or excellent customer service experiences. And user experience is at the foundation of any successful business’s customer service as well.
That’s why it’s important to look for a user-centric approach when seeking business-to-business partners. When a potential partner, such as a third-party administrator, shows their dedication to user experience, it reflects how much they value your experience and the service they provide all of their customers. Keep reading to learn a few areas you should focus on when evaluating the user experience provided by your third-party administrator. And complete the form below to get your free infographic, which shows you what ingredients we use to provide our clients with the best customer service.
Innovative thinking and technology
Businesses that stay on top of the latest technology trends are more likely to stick around from year to year. But innovation doesn’t stop with technology that responds to needs. Instead, you should seek an administrator that has a forward-thinking strategy.
Our innovative efforts have helped drive technology solutions that have made benefits administration easier for you and your employees. In the last year alone, among other features and enhancements, we’ve released:
- Discovery Answers™, another way for employees to learn more about their benefits through a knowledgebase of articles and resources.
- Enhanced features for the Benefits Mobile App by Discovery Benefits.
- The COBRA Mobile App by Discovery Benefits, offering a mobile experience for COBRA and Direct Bill members.
- A more comprehensive HSA investment experience for our HSA participants.
- An improved online experience for employers through changes to LEAP™ by Discovery Benefits.
What’s the best way to learn about the user experience you’re providing? One way is to go straight to the source. Establishing easy-to-use and flexible methods of contact for customers is key when businesses want to learn more about the usability of their platforms and technology. And it’s important for businesses to create an atmosphere that encourages feedback.
We offer a number of ways for clients, consultants and participants to share their experiences interacting with our platforms. This critical feedback comes to us via client/consultant surveys, on-site client reviews, our customer advisory committee, our presence at industry conventions and participant surveys. And what we hear drives our innovative efforts.
You and your employees share a common goal from a third-party administrator: An easy path to savings. However, what each of you needs to reach your goals can be very different. That’s why it’s important to have a partner who invests in both the employer and employee experience.
We tailor our service approach to fit the needs of our clients, consultants and participants in a number of ways, including through:
- Intuitive online accounts for employees and employers.
- Informative resource centers for employees and employers.
- Easy-to-use tools and helpful resources to help employees and employers get their most out of their benefits experience.
Would you like to learn more about what extraordinary customer service looks like? Complete the form above to download your free infographic today!